- Smoke is fire
- There are good fires and bad fires
- We need to get down, get low, get out fast!
- We need to practise our fire safety plan at home and that includes getting out of windows by ourselves
- We need to get to the safe meeting place (our mail box) as quickly as possible
- We need to have a smoke alarm in every bedroom, the living room and the hallway
- The new smoke alarms can talk to each other and go off together
Fireman Matt showed us a video of a candle that sets the house alight in just a few minutes. He read us a book about Effie who gets out of her house by herself when a fire started. He showed us different kinds of smoke alarms and he spoke about ways we can keep safe and firewise.